Re: can't get "help"

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: can't get "help"
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:26:10 -0500

"cycjec"<cycjec@yahoo.com> writes:

>  this is the emacs that's installed on a FreeBSD system.
>
>  I get the opening msg "Hold down Control and press h"
>  but when I do that  it just eats up the msg about "this
>  buffer is for blah blah blah" one character at a time,
>  starting at the end.

Are you using Emacs in X, on a console, or a terminal emulator?  Which
version of Emacs (21, 22?)

Try f1 for help instead of C-h, your terminal may be sending C-h as
delete.  F1 C-f gets you the FAQ

(hopefully you understand the above key notation: "C-x" means "hold
down Control key and press 'x'")

HTH
Joel

--