Re: hippie-expand show possible expansions for files

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: hippie-expand show possible expansions for files
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 19:30:36 +0100

> Am 07.11.2007 um 16:27 schrieb Bourgneuf Francois:
>
>> I work under Windows and neither hippie-expand nor comint-dynamic-
>> complete could expand anything after c:\program Files
>
> I am not working under Losedows and I am not writing a path with ``\
> ´´ (except I want to "escape" SPC or such in the path name) – and the
> latter makes an important difference! When you start with ``c:/program
> ´´ comint-dynamic-complete will work and probably expand to ``C:/
> Program\ Files/´´ ...
>
> The reason is that backslash is used as a metacharacter that cannot
> stand for itself but gives other characters a particular meaning. So,
> when you write ``\p´´ it's not a sequence of ``\´´ and ``p´´ but a
> backslashed p´´, some new entity.
Yes, it seem to work also like that i can complete c:/Program files/
but after that to complete i have to write c:/Program files/\and then
like that i can complete with a buffer that show all.
So comint-dynamic-complete is much more fun with /home/user... :)
--
A + Thierry
pubkey: http://pgp.mit.edu/