Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file

From: rustom
Subject: Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 07:29:37 -0800

After my last post I I looked at my current .emacs file and realised
its more difficult than I thought:

Ideally if the separate aspects of the setup I want were independent
they could be put into separate directories and the corresponding
loaddefs and customizations loaded in any (non-deterministic) order.

However there are dependencies: eg to use python (with refactoring)
one needs bicyclerepairman; to use brm one needs pymacs.

What is worse there are emacs bugs whose correction needs careful
sequencing:
For example I need to put
(provide 'sb-info)
just before the brm-init otherwise I get 'recursive require' errors.
What in the name of ... is sb-info -- thats another OT matter