Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file

From: rustom
Subject: Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:21:34 -0000

> Note that your 'fix' i.e. putting a (provide 'sb.info) is only hiding the
> problem and not actually fixing it. If your running emacs 22 and still have
> a stand-alone version of speedbar installed, you could just remove the
> stand-alone version.
>
> Tim

Just tried this. Evidently ecb has a dependency to speedbar.  So
removing speedbar means removing ecb.
Anyhow went ahead with this assuming that in emacs 22 these things are
in the base install.
This removed cedet-contrib, cogre, ecb, ede, semantic and speedbar
Now ecb does not work. speedbar standalone works but that is really
ugly compared to ecb.

I am running emacs-snapshot-gtk under debian etch
M-x version gives GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1

PS. Sorry for the reversed posts. google groups put my earlier post
later by about a day