RE: Emacs on Windows XP -> Cygwin

From: JunJie
Subject: RE: Emacs on Windows XP -> Cygwin
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:03:03 -0800

You can install CYGWIN + emacs directly through CYGWIN setup(http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe).

No need to uninstall the emacs under C:\program....

Sent to you by JunJie via Google Reader:

Emacs on Windows XP -> Cygwin

via Nabble - Emacs - Help by Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle on 11/12/07

Hello,

as mentioned recently I have a Thinkpad with Windows XP running.  I
installed emacs 22.x on it the way I read it someplace on the internet
... not under C.\Programme but under C.\emacs instead.  Works ... only
printing from within emacs does not work.  However, now I found out
there is Cygwin ... well, looks great so far.  Now here the question:
AFAIU Cygwin is "best choice" if one is wanting to have XP working
Linux.like plus having some Xnix tools too.  To enjoy Cygwin, am I to
deinstall emacs the way I have it now, then to install Cygwin and
reinstall emacs only this time as a Cygwin package?  Does this sound
reasonable?  I don't mind much installing/reinstalling ... as long as it
is the best way to have all things running greatly ... :-)

Thanx in advance

ray