Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank

From: Guym
Subject: Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 05:15:34 -0800 (PST)

With Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) and the longlines provided I find
that when I kill a line and then yank it back (either in the same place, or
somewhere else in the document) I get words fused together.

For example, suppose these are lines broken by a longlines softline break
(where I originally typed a space):

This is an example
of lines broken by
a softline.

Then if I kill the paragraph or one line and yank it back I might get
`example' and `of' fused together into `exampleof', or perhaps `by' and `a.'

This seems to occur in all the modes I tried, though the problem does
disappear when longlines-auto-wrap is turned off. Is there anything less
extreme I can do?

Thanks!