Re: what is wrong with this info dir file?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: what is wrong with this info dir file?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:01:24 +0100

* David Rod (2007-11-14) writes:

> I am a bit thick
> preview-latex.info is a sub hierarchy inside of auctex.info

Nope.

> can't install info automatically

Why not?

> make
>      gets stuck at Loading
> /usr/sbin/emacs/21.2/i686-pc-cygwin/fns-21.2.1.el (source) ...
> problem is that i use c:/program Files/Emacs/emacs and make uses
> /usr/bin/emacs
>
> can't configure --with-emacs by windows binaries (silly me)

If you want to install AUCTeX for an Emacs compiled for Windows, an
easy way is to install it directly into the Emacs directory.  How to
do this is explained in the installation instructions of AUCTeX.

> How do I install a better version of emacs in /usr/bin/emacs
> ????

You have to decide if you want to use an Emacs compiled for Cygwin or
one compiled for Windows.  And then you can install AUCTeX for the one
you chose.

BTW, if you want to spare yourself the hassle of compiling and
installing AUCTeX, you can get a precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle from
the AUCTeX web site.

--
Ralf