Re: mac os et emacs

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: mac os et emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:39:03 +0900

> Count the number of buttons on the pointing device as well.
> Especially if you like to use Emacs which makes good use of all
> 3 buttons.

It's perfectly okay to use other producers' mice on Apple's machines.

Besides, Apple's own mighty mouse is configurable, it can have four
buttons at maximum(left, right, middle, side). Anyway, i'm not satisfied
with it myself, its middle key can easily stop working due to dusty,
which requires one to clean it time by time..

>         Stefan "Thinkpad addict"

That Thinkpad doesn't have a touchpad keeps me away from it..

> PS: I'm personally not sure that Apple is any less evil than Microsoft.

At least Apple is more friendly to free software(or open source
software) community. Also, Apple's OS is far better than Microsoft's.
It's actually enjoyable, with its well-designed UI.

ps. I find the font display of GNU Emacs(carbon emacs) on macosx seems
the best, compared to my previous experiences on gnu/linux, windows xp,
etc.

--
William