Re: Collecting keywords in bibtex mode

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Collecting keywords in bibtex mode
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:52:39 +0100

Hi Bastien and all others

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> I tried to implement this:
>
>   http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/bibtex-utils.el

That's just WOW!! It will be of much help for many I guess. As soon as
it is working.

By now, it doesn't work for me.

> Try M-x bibtex-make-field-keywords

This function produces an empty keywords field at the moment.
Something with the function bibtex-collect-keywords-values seems not
to work right now.

I also tried to run only bibtex-collect-keywords-values, and it just
ran for 20 minutes with 100% CPU until I killed the process. So there
seems to be a loop somewhere.

I reduced my bib-file to some 20 entries for testing purpose. Only
some of them contain a keywords-field with just one single keyword.
But the same result. Also when I start emacs with -q -nw and load
bibtex-utils manually.

I send you my bib-file per PM. Please try if it works with this file
on your system, so that we can exclude that it is just the file format
that produces the problem.

> Let me know if this is useful.

I will be. I'm sure.

Thank you very much.