Re: Emacs "dumb" terminal question.

From: LeAnthony
Subject: Re: Emacs "dumb" terminal question.
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:16:21 -0800 (PST)

Hey Pete,
  Thanks for the help.  I guess I am having trouble understanding is
the problem on the PuTTY end or the hosted system end.  Would this
happen if I was using some type of other system.  I had assumed this
was on the unix side.
  So using putty to log into my hosted system.  I log in and type tset
-q and get "xterm" and tset -s gives "TERM=xterm".  So I think  that
emacs should be OK with this setting to run SLIME?  I run emacs and
start slime and get the same message.
"emacs: Terminal type dumb..."

When I set the TERM=ansi or TERM=vt100 and export TERM I get the same
error.

On the putty side, the setup in terminal details is xterm.  I'm at a
loss.