Re: mac os et emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: mac os et emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:29:06 +0100

Am 18.11.2007 um 05:57 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

Count the number of buttons on the pointing device as well.
Especially if you like to use Emacs which makes good use of all
3 buttons.

It's perfectly okay to use other producers' mice on Apple's machines.

I believe we're talking laptops here, so the number of buttons is
relevant, unless you always use your laptop with a mouse on the side.
I don't, and I don't know anybody who does.

It's possible in both, Aqua and X11, to emulate a three button mouse:

        Alt/Option-click is mouse-2,
        Meta/Command-click is mouse-3,
        Alt-Meta-click is M-mouse-2 in X11 and mouse-3 in Carbon Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
                                         - Groucho Marx