The Lisp High (was: is Emacs completely written in lisp)

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: The Lisp High (was: is Emacs completely written in lisp)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:47:35 -0500

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Out of curiosity, can you tell me how? just a general overview or some
>> > place where I can read, how this is done?
>>
>> Here is a readable summary:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisp

[...]

> Last: Dont give up.  The high from lisp cannot be easily replicated.

What I tell people when they ask me about Scheme: "It's a programming
language that brainwashes people into believing it's the best language,
and makes it impossible to code in anything else.  I love it."

I got a wicked Scheme buzz off some namespace manipulation this weekend.
I can stop any time I want, but right now I'm doing everything in Scheme
and Elisp.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson