Re: is Emacs completely written in lisp

From: arunmib
Subject: Re: is Emacs completely written in lisp
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:00:01 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 20, 11:42 pm, jadam...@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) wrote:
> arunmib <arun...@gmail.com> writes:

> >> C + ELisp
>
> >> Marc
>
> > Out of curiosity, can you tell me how? just a general overview or some
> > place where I can read, how this is done?
>
> Stallman's article is a good place to hear about the why and
> how:http://www.gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.html.  My understanding is that the
> functions that really need to work fast and often, as well as
> the Emacs Lisp interpreter are in C.  Basically the backbone is C and
> the Lisp interpreter (a full-on REPL) takes care of the rest.  If you
> `M-x apropos' and look up a function name, it will tell you if it's in C
> or Lisp, along with a link to the file where you can find the function.

Thanks a lot for the useful disucssion ppl.
I will go through the links. But before that by reading these posts as
a crude form of understanding, can I say that what ever I type in as
command is parsed through the Lisp interpreter and the appropriate C
or Lisp function is called. Is my understanding correct or ?