CPerl Indentation after subs with print in their names

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: CPerl Indentation after subs with print in their names
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:43:06 +0100

Hi,

today I came across a subtle mis-indentation in Perl-code.  Assume a
file like this:

#! /usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

sub anything {
    print "OK\n";
}
# here indentation is OK
sub print_something {
    print "Something\n";
}
  # but here not ??

If I remove the "print_" from the the name of the subroutine
everything indents correctly.  I tried a few other special words from
the Perl language:

Function   Indentation
printf     wrong
while      OK
sprintf    OK
substr     OK
open       OK

This happens with:
Gnu Emacs 22.1.1, cperl-version 5.22.

Steps to reproduce:
shell> emacs -q test.pl
emacs> M-x cperl-mode
emacs> M-x goto-line 12  ;; the line # but here not ??
emacs> TAB

Is this a bug or some stupidity on my part?

Regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)