Re: making TAB in text major mode just work

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: making TAB in text major mode just work
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:37:44 +0000

jwithers <jpwithers@gmail.com> writes:

> * This is another bullet point
>
>   This is a paragraph that is now indented incorrectly because emacs
> has decided that my bullet points mean this line should be indented
> two spaces.

... just as Emacs will decide that pressing TAB at the beginning of the
second line will align both "A" in the first and second line -- see the
example below:

,----
|         A first line
| A second line
`----

I do not see what is wrong with that.

And if you want to concentrate on what you type, why are you pressing
TAB when at the "This is a paragraph" line?   This line starts at the
beginning of the line when written normally.

--
Bastien