Can't find features when converting from xemacs to emacs

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: Can't find features when converting from xemacs to emacs
Date: 28 Nov 2007 15:58:41 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to switch from xemacs to emacs. Most of my old configurations
are ported now (oh, all these tiny differences....), but there are a few
features that I can't find in emacs. Since I can hardly beleive that they
don't exist, I hope that you can help me:

1) "fume", the function menu. This adds a submenu to the main menu that
contains all the functions declared in a c/cpp file and jumps to that
function when selected. I know about speedbar, but it's not exactly what I
want...

2) "vvb-mode" : From vvb-mode.el: "[this]will display a transient or
 permanent visible vertical bar at a userspecified column...". Great for
 not typing long lines. When loading vvb-mode in emacs, it complains about
 several functions that it doesn't know, e.g. "add-sumbenu".

3) Just a silly habbit: I like to have some "structure" in the window
background. It gives me the feeling to type on paper. I could do this in
xemacs with this config line:

(custom-set-faces
 '(default ((t (:size "12pt" :family "Profont"
      :background-pixmap "~/.xemacs/my/marble.png"))) t)

Having used emacs for a short while makes me angry that I haven't tried it
before ;) I really hope to use these three (well , at least 1) and 2) )
features in my new environment...

Many thanks,
Markus Grunwald