Re: How to open a particular info page by command name

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: How to open a particular info page by command name
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:08:01 +0100

rdiezmail-emacs@yahoo.de wrote:
Hi all:

In the command-line (outside emacs) I can do "man xxx" to get help
about a Unix command, and "info xxx" to get help in the form of info
pages.

I easily found how to do "man xxx" within emacs and comfortably browse
the help pages, I'm using the "woman" module at the moment (it comes
with emacs). I even wrote a small shell script to turn emacs into a
handy man page viewer:

emacs --no-splash --eval "(progn (setq woman-use-own-frame nil) (woman

Unfortunately, I couldn't find how to do the same with the info pages.

Don't get me wrong: I don't want to manually open the root info page
and click around; I want to type the name of a command (say gcc) and
get the same page I would get if I typed "info gcc" in the console, but
inside the built-in emacs info page viewer.

I've searched with Google and browsed the Lisp code of the info module
to no avail. Can someone help me?

If you can figure out how to do the quoting (I can't) then it is no problem. What you want to call is someting like

   (info "(elisp) That Page")