Re: Auto-copy to clipboard

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Auto-copy to clipboard
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:35:04 -0900

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 05.12.2007 um 17:08 schrieb Tim Johnson:
>
>> 2)Send that string directly to the clipboard,
>>   just as if I had inserted that text into
>>   the buffer, selected it and done kill-ring-save
>>   or kill-region.
>

> What about clipboard-kill-ring-save?
 The argument list is for a region, whereas kill-new
 takes a string, which would be programmatically composed.
 I was looking for this functionality as an alternative
 to sending the string to 'shell-command should the composed
 string launch a large process that might be distracting
 to the editing environment.
 cheers
 tim