Re: newer versions of emacs file open

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: newer versions of emacs file open
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:36:26 -0500

What really makes the dialog window useless is that I cannot cut and paste between emacs and the dialog window!.
It is an absolutely useless affair.

Emacs CLI is about the most efficient I have seen, no need for this crazy ineffective default window setting.

What would really be great (and this is how most responsible Unix programs work) is if all the preferences a user selects for emacs is written to e.g.
.emacs in the users home directory.

That will take care of unwanted and annoying defaults.
It clearly does not do it right now and I have to fight through settings to get it back to where I want it after a new install.