Re: Restore minibuffer history, e.g. for compile commands, after restar

From: Markus Dehmann
Subject: Re: Restore minibuffer history, e.g. for compile commands, after restart?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 09:38:22 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 9, 12:22 am, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > > How can I keep the history of minibuffer commands, e.g. the compile
> > > commands?
>
> > The package is called `savehist'.
> > Emacs-22 bundles it so you can just add (savehist-mode 1) to your .emacs.
>
> And here is the same thing (CVS from 2007-11-28), but fixed so it also works
> with Emacs versions prior to 22.1, if you should need
> that:http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/savehist-20%2b.el

Thanks! I have emacs 21.3.1. I installed the package and it works!

There is just one bug, and I thought I'd share it here, maybe others
experience the same: If I do M-x compile and go arrow-up to get the
most recent command it says "no preceding item", then I go "arrow-
down" and "arrow-up" again, and there it is, the most recent compile
command, from my last emacs run. Or, once I have several in the list
it won't show the most recent one on "arrow-up", but the next-to-last
one, then after pressing "arrow-down" it shows the most recent one.

Thanks!
Markus