Re: Configure SPACE as file auto-complete character

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Configure SPACE as file auto-complete character
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:28:12 +0200

> From: Bruza <benruza@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:46:36 -0800 (PST)
>
> I just installed emacs 22.1.1 GTK on Ubuntu. The first thing I noticed
> is that the auto filename completion key in the min-buffer is not
> SPACE anymore.

This is so you could use file names with spaces.

> Is there a way I can configure SPACE as the filename auto-complete
> character?

See this entry in NEWS (and the one it refers to):

  ** When Emacs prompts for file names, SPC no longer completes the file name.
  This is so filenames with embedded spaces could be input without the
  need to quote the space with a C-q.  The underlying changes in the
  keymaps that are active in the minibuffer are described below under
  "New keymaps for typing file names".