Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?
Date: 19 Dec 2007 10:13:10 GMT

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:43:50 +0000, Markus Grunwald wrote:

> After I read your message I tried to correct some keybindings in the
> speedbar-mode-hook, but it seems it is not called:

It seems I did something wrong: the hooks are called now, but the keymap
stays the same :( This is what I do:

;;{{{ Speedbar
;;------------
(defun ska-speedbar-keys ( map )
  "Set keybindings in major navigation tool Speedbar."
  (define-key map '[(g)]    'speedbar-update-contents)
  (define-key map '[(kbd "SPC")]    'ska-speedbar-toggle-expand)
  )
;;}}}

(add-hook 'speedbar-mode-hook
 '(lambda()
  (message "==================== speedbar-mode-hook start ====================")
  ( ska-speedbar-keys speedbar-key-map )
  (message "==================== speedbar-mode-hook end ====================")
))

;; Maybe the wrong hook ???
(add-hook 'speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook
  '(lambda()
  (message "==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook start
====================")
  ( ska-speedbar-keys speedbar-key-map )
  (message "==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook end
====================")
))

When I start speedbar, this is what I get in the *messages*:

Type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
==================== speedbar-mode-hook start ====================
==================== speedbar-mode-hook end ====================
==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook start
====================
==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook end ====================
==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook start
==================== speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps-hook end ====================

So the hooks are called. What's with my keys ? I call C-h c g and C-h c
space from the speedbar buffer:

g runs the command View-goto-line
SPC runs the command View-scroll-page-forward

ARGH. I have no Idea, why speedbar behaves so differently compared to all
the other modes I have customized...