Re: how to make the width of a CJK character as two english letter?

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: how to make the width of a CJK character as two english letter?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 04:56:25 +0100

Forrest <forrest.yu@gmail.com> writes:

> hi, i use Emacs23 as the editor in development, sometimes i use Chinese to
> comment my code, i wander how i can set the width of a Chinese character as
> two english letter?

Use Markus Kuhn's fine font <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>

I build my own bdf font so that it works on all OS.

Here's how I build the font:

https://kanis.fr/svn/trunk/font/

and that's my emacs font setup:

https://kanis.fr/svn/trunk/lisp/emacs.d/ivan-font.el

Hope it help,
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

  "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have
a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe."
    -- Vice President Dan Quayle