Re: Keyboard macro and regexp syntax search

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: Keyboard macro and regexp syntax search
Date: 20 Dec 2007 21:20:16 GMT

On 2007-12-20, spamfilteraccount@gmail.com <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a key sequence which searches a whitespace character with a non-
> whitespace character after it and moves right to terminate the search
> there (just an example):
>
> M-C-s \s-\S- <right>
>

> According to the macro editor it is recorded like this:
>
> ;; Keyboard Macro Editor.  Press C-c C-c to finish; press C-x k RET to
> cancel.
> ;; Original keys: M-C-s \ s \ S <right>
>
> Command: last-kbd-macro
> Key: none
>
> Macro:
>
> M-C-s                 ;; isearch-forward-regexp
> \                     ;; self-insert-command
> s                     ;; self-insert-command
> \                     ;; self-insert-command
> S                     ;; self-insert-command
><right>                        ;; forward-char-nomark
>

> The dash (-) character is missing after the syntax matcher (\s and
> \S), so the macro doesn't work at playback. Is it a bug?
>
> GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

It works as expected for me, running Emacs 22.1.1:

;; Keyboard Macro Editor.  Press C-c C-c to finish; press C-x k RET to cancel.
;; Original keys: M-C-s \ s- \ S- <right>

Command: last-kbd-macro
Key: none

Macro:

M-C-s                   ;; isearch-forward-regexp
\                       ;; self-insert-command
s-                      ;; self-insert-command * 2
\                       ;; self-insert-command
S-                      ;; self-insert-command * 2
<right>                 ;; forward-char

Can you reproduce the problem when you launch Emacs with no init files
(i.e., emacs -Q)?

Tyler