Re: some info node manuals have no index

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: some info node manuals have no index
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 00:18:35 +0100

Am 22.12.2007 um 22:24 schrieb reader:

Emacs will open the gawk manual fine, but when asked to do `i' search
I get `no index'.

You are writing of things I'm sure I've never noticed in GNU Emacs!

When I'm in info-mode at the top-level node of gawk and I type ``i´´ I get invited to search for a word, or such.

Or do you mean the isearch function, C-s?

Finally, is /usr/share/info/gawk.info.bz2 really the gawk info file? While you're in info-mode visiting some gawk node, you can type C-x d RET to see where you are ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs