Emacs for Mac

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Emacs for Mac
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:43:41 +0000

Hi

For some time that the emacs I use on my Mac is a hand compiled one. CVS checkout, disable X11, enable Carbon.

Now, I have a new mac, and thus, I need to recompile Emacs. CVS checked out, configure and... Carbon is deprecated.

The question is: it is deprecated and no other solution is being developed?

And yes, there is aquamacs that sucks because tried to mimic mac-os specific key bindings, and there is emacs.app, that is the one I am using, but that is damn slow with flyspell (slower on my macbook pro than the hand built one on powerbook).

Thanks for any pointer.
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal