Re: tramp hang

From: braydon fuller
Subject: Re: tramp hang
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 03:27:52 -0800

I finally got tramp working by using the following in my .emacs:
(setq shell-prompt-pattern "")

(if the above character between " " doesn't show up, it looked like "^H"
in my .emacs)

I copied the character it was repeating at the end of my prompt found by
looking in the buffer:
*tramp ssh:root@.......*

i got this buffer by enabling the following in my .emacs:
(setq tramp-debug-buffer t)

-----

To login I used the command:
C-x M-f
Find file: /root@sample.com:/

with the following in my .emacs:
(setq tramp-default-method "ssh")

-----

This worked for a GPLHost XEN VPS running Debian lenny/sid
I am using Emacs22 that has TRAMP packaged.

-----
I also used in my .emacs so tramp would previously be loaded, however
it's not required, emacs will load it on the fly:
(require 'tramp)