Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 62, Issue 20

From: Forrest
Subject: Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 62, Issue 20
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:38:08 +0800

> > global-set-key (kbd "C-,")
> > '(lambda () "scroll the page down" (interactive) (scroll-
> > down 1)))
>
> The console and other terminal emulations can only produce "key
> events" in the ASCII or extended ASCII range, i.e. 8 bit characters
> (man ascii). Therefore not every time you hold down the control
> "modifier" key and press some other key something with a meaning is
> produced. It's like when you're scribbling on paper: not every
> "picture" is a letter or a digit or worth an exhibition at MOMA ...
> C-, can work X which has its own concept of events that are
> abstracted from ASCII codes.

C-x C-c work well in console, so i guess there must be something wrong with my key-binding settings. and also, emacs was designed in ages when X was not popular, it's unreasonable that custom key-binding doesn't work

i'm a newbie, could you give me any detailed clue to solve it?

--
Stupid is as stupid does.