Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:31:43 +0100

Am 08.01.2008 um 17:32 schrieb Forrest:

thank you for your patience, however, do you mean that only printing
characters and C-@ to C-_ can be processed by emacs?

Please don't mix up GNU Emacs and your console!

then what if you press F1~F12? and Home, End, Del, Ins? and Left, Right, Up,
Down?

These keys are not producing Control-anything events. Simple proof: C- q <your key press>.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                - Jeremy S. Anderson