Re: How to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?

From: Ye ilho
Subject: Re: How to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:07:47 -0500

> Will show you a list of key bindings.  In particular:
>
> M-<             beginning-of-buffer
> M->             end-of-buffer
>
> M-< can be typed as:
>
> [ESCape key] [< key]
>
> On the mac you may be able to hold down command or option while typing
> < to get the same effect. Under windows the ALT key will do this.
>
> / ben

Thank you, Ben. Perhaps I did not state my question correctly or I did
not understand your answer because I am a novice in emacs. Please bear
with me once again to state what I want to do.

I am simply trying to go to the top/middle/bottom of the screen I see
at the moment.
I also tried your suggestion but that will take me to the
beginning/end of buffer but not necessarily what I see on the screen
at the moment.

For example, if I see the content of file in my emacs screen as
follows, I want to somehow to go to abc with one key stroke.

======================
 abc
 def
 ghi
 jkl
 mno

If I did not understand your answer correctly, please correct me.
Thank you once again.

Ilho <><

--
YES, JESUS LOVES YOU, TOO.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that