Re: How to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: How to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:05:03 +0400

On Jan 9, 2008 9:58 PM, Ye ilho <iy2110@columbia.edu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am sorry for my ignorance but I was trying to find out how to move
> the cursor to the bottom/middle/top of the screen?
> In other words, when I edit something, I sometimes want to go to the
> top of the screen I see with one key stroke.
> Is there any key for that? Or should I create a macro for this?

A slightly different way is:

(defalias 'goto-page-top
  (read-kbd-macro "C-u 1 M-r"))
(defalias 'goto-page-bot
  (read-kbd-macro "C-u -1 M-r"))
(global-set-key [(control {)] 'goto-page-top)
(global-set-key [(control })] 'goto-page-bot)

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

Russian history blog: http://minaev.blogspot.com