Re: Shell Mode 'cd' Strangeness

From: gamename
Subject: Re: Shell Mode 'cd' Strangeness
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:40:26 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 3:01 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 14.01.2008 um 19:54 schrieb gamename:
>
> > However, if I do the exact same thing, but this time pre-pending "./",
> > it will fail:
>
> >> cd ./boojum/foo<tab><enter>
> > bash: cd: ./boojum/fooBr/: No such file or directory
>
> > Any ideas why this would happen?  I have dot (".") in my path, so it
> > should work.   This is on bash on fedora 7.
>
> This is definitely strange. Can you reproduce this also when
> launching GNU Emacs with -Q and removing ~/.emacs_bash and also all
> bash related RC files, including ~/.inputrc? Could be any of these is
> interfering. Is TAB bound to comint-dynamic-complete?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> We also sponsor National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week
> annually in September.
> Join the millions

When I start emacs with "-Q", the problem appears to go away.  If the
subdir "FooBar" is partially spelled, the completion will _not_ happen
unless the leading "F" is upper case. In no case does the shell care
if there is a leading "./" or not.

Example:
tnsfc7:~
> cd boojum/foo<tab><enter>
bash: cd: boojum/foo: No such file or directory
tnsfc7:~
> cd ./boojum/foo<tab><enter>
bash: cd: ./boojum/foo: No such file or directory
tnsfc7:~
> cd boojum/Foo<tab><enter>
tnsfc7:~/boojum/FooBar

tnsfc7:~