Re: emacs mode beginner?

From: Joost Diepenmaat
Subject: Re: emacs mode beginner?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:32:20 +0100

timoshiu <timoshiu@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I love emacs and use it daily basic...
> and the joke "emacs is an operating system, it just need a great
> editor" is making me laugh every time I come across.

Well, half of the joke is true. :-)

> but where is the definite guide for emacs mode and minor user guide,
> tutorial, or documentation?

Did you mean Ctrl-h t

I second the emacswiki site and the info pages. Emacswiki is great when
you're just generally curious or looking for third party extensions,
general subjects or just trawling for tips. I skim through it at least a
few times a week, and usually learn something new each time. The info
pages have a pretty good introduction and all the detail you'll probably
ever need. Don't forget to look up the emacs lisp info pages if you're
interested in configuring / customizing stuff.

Joost.