Local variables question

From: Andreas Davour
Subject: Local variables question
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:30:43 +0100

Hi

I've recently gotten a lot of these messages:

----------8<----------8<------------
local variables list in DNA.lisp
contains values that may not be safe (*).

Do you want to apply it?  You can type
y  -- to apply the local variables list.
n  -- to ignore the local variables list.
!  -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently mark these
      values (*) as safe (in the future, they will be set
      automatically.)

  * Syntax : ANSI-Common-Lisp
  * Base : 10

Some of the variables are really innocent ones and I haven't seen any
message like this before.

Was there a list of safe variables before or have the newest emacs
started being paranoid? Is there a way of getting rid of this? It's
quite annoying to have that show up every time I visit a new file.

/andreas