Re: writing Python in Emacs

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: writing Python in Emacs
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:41:59 +0100

I add just a note about ipython:
if you use a version > 0.6.15 may be you will have a bad output
on error like:

instead of:
if __name__ == "__main__":

all the characters are missing.

To avoid that, run in ipython:
%upgrade -nolegacy

uncomment in ~/.ipython/ipy_user_config.py:
import ipy_defaults

restart emacs and try a .py with some syntax errors.
It should be ok now.