Encoding of latex files

From: Alain Muls
Subject: Encoding of latex files
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:57:33 +0100

Hello,

I use Emacs & Latex for course preparation. In one of my courses I use the answer.sty package which allows me to integrate the question and answer at the same place, while on output the answer will be at the end of the coursebook. I switched to UTF-8 encoding since last year and while reading the PDF output I remark that in titles for the solutions, no accented chars (either é or \'e) cannot be used. Is there a way to have the files generated by the answer package be in UTF-8 and have the accented chars available. Perhaps it is not a question of encoding, but for the moment it is my best guess.

A+/Alain