Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.

From: DaLoverhino
Subject: Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:40:48 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 23, 9:42 pm, Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DaLoverhino wrote:
> > Hello.  I would like to use emacs as I would use say diff or sdiff.
>
> > Is there a way to start emacs in ediff mode and pass along with it
> > through the command line, the two files I want to ediff?  If the
> > command line is unwieldy, I can always wrap it up in a script.
>
> emacs --eval '(ediff-files "file_1" "file_2")'
>
> --
> Kevin Rodgers
> Denver, Colorado, USA

Thanks.  It works from the command line, but when I put it in a shell,
it doesn't seem to work.  Do you know what is going on?

#!/bin/bash

fileA=$1
fileB=$2

if [[ -z "$fileA" && -z "$fileB" ]]
then
  echo "Need two files to ediff."
  exit 1
fi

evalArg="'(ediff-files \"$fileA\" \"$fileB\" )'"

echo emacs --geometry 150x80 --eval $evalArg

emacs --geometry 150x80 --eval $evalArg

exit 0