Re: emacs minibuffer window is not active

From: Joost Diepenmaat
Subject: Re: emacs minibuffer window is not active
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:55:39 +0100

goku <masterofquestions@gmail.com> writes:

> I started the emacs.  Now I am trying to click on the minibuffer to
> type something.  I am getting:
>
> emacs minibuffer window is not active
>
> your help very much appreciated.

If I do that right after starting emacs, the *Messages* buffer opens. It
certainly does not allow me to type "something". On my system, clicking
on the minibuffer only changes focus to it; it won't allow you to type
away unless it's already expecting input.

If you want to enter a command in the minibuffer, type "M-x" (Alt-x) and
type. If you want to do something else, please explain.

Joost.