Re: Apply a saved macro to region

From: Ankur Jain
Subject: Re: Apply a saved macro to region
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:16:13 +0530

But there are some other similar macros, which would have same requirement for me. So, is it possible to run a saved macro to run for a selected region. Like apply-macro-to-region-lines function for a saved macro.

Ankur

On Jan 31, 2008 8:52 PM, Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
Ankur Jain wrote:

> I saved a macro which appends a comma(,) at the end of a line. I want to
> apply this saved macro to a region now. I mean, I select a region in emacs
> and do "append_comma" macro command to apply this to the whole region.

It would be easier just to use query-replace-regexp to add a comma to
the end of each line:

M-C-% $ RET , RET

--
Regards