Re: emacs on windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: emacs on windows
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:17:51 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
On 4 Feb, 14:38, Rob Wolfe <r...@smsnet.pl> wrote:
rustom napisa³(a):

I am an old emacs-on-linux dog who has difficulty using windows.  For
various reasons I need to program in windows.
Welcome to the club. ;)

[...]

So some questions:
1. Is there some help/wiki etc for folks like me -- migrating from
linux to windows?
I found this site extremely
useful:http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

Keep in mind that a lot of the information there is out of date, so if
you see something there that purports to be working around a
particular problem, check that the problem exists before blindly
copying the workaround into your .emacs.

There is also this wiki page

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

but the same warning apply, things might be out of date. If you find things that are out of date on the wiki, please put a note there.