Re: Anything.el for Windows

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Anything.el for Windows
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:07:10 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

>> How could I replicate such behaviors under Windows (that I
>> have to use for work -- can't avoid it yet) where neither
>> `locate' neither `tracker-search' exists by default?
>
> I'm not sure, but maybe you can install both with Cygwin.

Excellent direction, at least to begin with!

`locate' is installed by default via `diffutils' (in the base
distribution), but it did not return any result...

So, I've updated the database, and set up a cron job:

5 5 * * * nice updatedb --localpaths='/cygdrive/c /cygdrive/z'
--prunepaths='/cygdrive/c/cygwin /cygdrive/c/RECYCLER'

Now, `locate' return the correct results, but...

it's still not visible in my `anything' buffer on Windows (while
it is described in the sources):

        ;; source of candidates for anything
        (setq anything-sources
              (list anything-c-source-locate
                    anything-c-source-tracker-search
                    anything-c-source-buffers
                    anything-c-source-bookmarks
                    anything-c-source-file-name-history
                    anything-c-source-man-pages
                    anything-c-source-info-pages
                    ))

It is like if the processes was not called or ...?  Though, I've
no error messages returned... What could I do to check where the
problem comes from?

Best regards,
  Seb

--