Re: How to toggle to buffer previously selected ?

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: How to toggle to buffer previously selected ?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:46:29 +0100

On Feb 7, 2008 11:53 AM, Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> "Francis Moreau" <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Francis,
>
> > I know 'C-x o' to select the next selected buffer but I'd like to
> > toggle between 2 buffers even if more than 2 buffers are displayed.
>
> I use this:
>
> (defun th-other-buffer ()
>   (interactive)
>   (switch-to-buffer (other-buffer)))
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "C-?") 'th-other-buffer)

This is not what I want to do. Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my previous email.

OK, let's say I have the following setup in my emacs:

+-------+--------+
|           |           |
|   1      |   2      |
|           |           |
+-------+--------+
|           |           |
|   3      |   4      |

Currently buffer "2" is selected.

I now select buffer "3". I did some typing in that buffer now I want
to get back quickly to buffer "2". I don't want to do "\C-x\C-o" but
I'd like for example just to do "\C-TAB".

So I can go back and forth between these 2 buffers just by typing "\C-TAB"

Thanks
--
Francis