Re: Equivalent of vim's o or O commands

From: Samuel Karl Peterson
Subject: Re: Equivalent of vim's o or O commands
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:06:18 -0800

Brian Adkins <lojicdotcom@gmail.com> on Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:44:17 -0800
(PST) didst step forth and proclaim thus:

> My first attempt didn't go so well. I chose viper level 5.
>
> 1) V did not put me into line visual mode, instead it attempted to
> "Find file in other window".
>
> 2) v did not put me into visual mode, instead it attempted to "Find
> file"
>
> 3) Neither C-c nor C-[ took me out of insert mode back to normal mode.
> There's no way I'm reaching for ESC each time.

If you run Emacs in a terminal window (emacs -nw), C-[ should work for
esc.  C-c works in lower levels (though not in ex).

Viper emulates system V vi, not vim, and incompletely at that.  Things
like :set nu don't work.  vimpulse.el seems to be all the rage these
days.

--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson At nospam ucdavis.edu