Re: Changing default dvi viewer.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Changing default dvi viewer.
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:50:15 +0100

Am 08.02.2008 um 14:39 schrieb David:

Of course .bashrc has no effect on
emacs behaviour, I should think about .emacs instead right. Now with
(setenv "TEXDOCVIEW_dvi" "kdvi %s") added to .emacs C-c C-c is calling
texdoc which redirects it to kdvi!  Wola wola wola!

Or just put a copy of texdoc in ~/bin and set there the preferred viewers.

3) With M-x shell, say I forget the & I cannot use C-z followed by bg
to background the process as I could in M-x term. For a reader this
isn't a big issue, but for other applications it might be. So ...

C-q C-z bg RET

3a) How do I get something like a terminal's C-z within *shell*?

C-q C-z

3b) Is it possible to edit the alias I have in .bashrc such that the &
is added automatically - I tried a few things but nothing I came up
with worked.

I prefer tcsh ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb movies alone
                                – Amiri Baraka, 1999