Re: Emacs refusing to switch to iso-latin-1

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Emacs refusing to switch to iso-latin-1
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:27:34 +0100

Hi Pete,

>> Unluckily, it does nothing, just telling me:
>>
>>     (No changes need to be saved)
>
> Therefore I wrote "changed." Make a small change, a SPC
> character added, and then invoke C-x RET c ...

And then... it works... it's saved with the `iso-latin-1-unix'
encoding, as requested.

But, as soon as I make another change, and save, I'm back to the
same problem. It's automatically "converted" once again to
`utf-8'.

> For me C-x RET f <whatsoever> RET works – when I do not have
> local variables that set the encoding.

Of course, I don't have any local variables for that file, as
you could see in the given sample.

Thanks for your help, mate ;-)

Seb

--