Re: Autoloading failed to define function ispell-region

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Autoloading failed to define function ispell-region
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:11:50 +0100

Am 12.02.2008 um 18:00 schrieb Ulrich Scholz:

Adding a

        (require 'ispell)

into your init file? It won't get loaded twice.

requiring ispell yields the same error as discribed in my post

  Error while loading 50dictionaries-common

Sorry, I misunderstood your description! Reading it again, it might help then to add the line to 50dictionaries-common.el, quite early. Obviously this file does use some ispell function before everything's prepared. Another thing might need to be prepared, i.e. set: ispell- program-name. At some time its value was changed from ispell to aspell – could be this triggers the error. You can check that variable's value. And you can also check which dictionaries for aspell and ispell are available.

BTW, what is debian support doing? Obviously debian is the culprit making GNU Emacs load files that don't come with GNU Emacs.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
                                – Rich Cook