Re: Autoloading failed to define function ispell-region

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Autoloading failed to define function ispell-region
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:50:04 +0100

> Am 12.02.2008 um 18:00 schrieb Ulrich Scholz:
>
>>> Adding a
>>>
>>>         (require 'ispell)
>>>
>>> into your init file? It won't get loaded twice.
>>
>> requiring ispell yields the same error as discribed in my post
>>
>>   Error while loading 50dictionaries-common

Can you check also, if you have differents versions of emacs installed (or been
installed) if /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp or /usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp
exist and contain dictionaries-common with all it's files.
If not, you will have to uninstall/reinstall one version of emacs or create a
symlink from the valid site-lisp to the other.

--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu