C-mode-style whitesmith with emacs 21/22

From: Lars Meier
Subject: C-mode-style whitesmith with emacs 21/22
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:37:27 +0100

Hallo NG,

I'm using whitesmith style for the emacs c-mode because this style is
very simular to the existing code I'm working on.

Some time ago I switched to emacs 22 because the version has some
improvements which are important for me. But with emacs 22 the
whitesmith-style does the indentation different than emacs 21 at least
in the default setting. Hear is a short example:

emacs 21:

int main()
   {
   my_function(xxxxxxxxxxxx,
               yyyyyyyyyyyy,
               zzzzzzzzzz);
   }

emacs 22:

int main()
   {
   my_function(xxxxxxxxxxxx,
      yyyyyyyyyyyy,
      zzzzzzzzzz);
   }

But the emacs-22-version is not what I need and it's very tedious to fix
this by hand. Is there a simple way to change this back to the old
behaviour maybe by changing an indentation setting or something like that?

Lars