Ispell not working in TeX mode

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Ispell not working in TeX mode
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:59:31 +0100

Hey Emacs group,
I am having a problem with AUCTeX and Emacs. I have already described it in the AUCTeX group, but it seems that nobody there knew the answer.
  I use Emacsw32 22.0.990 and AUCTeX 11.85. Aspell 0.60.3.
I use Aspell for spell-checking (obviously). I have split my hdd into two partitions. One for programs and one for data, documents etc. My tex documents are located on the data partition (letter D) while Emacs, AUCTeX and Aspell is located on the software partition (letter C). When I open a tex file on the D drive, AUCTeX is not able to start the ispell process. In messages is says:

    Starting new Ispell process [dansk] ...
    Applying style hooks... done
    Error in post-command-hook: (error Process ispell not running)

Sometimes it writes
    Starting new Ispell process [dansk] ...
    Spell checking loese-tanker.tex using aspell with danse dictionary...
    Spell-checking using aspell with dansk dictionary done
File mode specification error: (file-error "writing to process" "invalid argument" #<process ispell>)

If I switch the same file into text mode (rather than tex mode), ispell start. If I move the file to the C drive, ispell starts as well. If I start ispell from another buffer, and go back, to the tex buffer, there is no problem. However, if start ispell with English dictionary in one buffer, and switch to my tex buffer (using Danish dictionary), AUCTeX will freeze Emacs and I have to close down emacs.

Everything is within the PATH.
LaTeX-mode-hook consist of turn-on-auto-fill, preview-mode-setup, reftex -mode and flyspell mode. I have tried loading ispell as well, but it makes no difference.

I hope somebody will me able to help me solve this problem.
Thanks in advance,
Rasmus