Re: M-x shell RET on Windows not working

From: coskun
Subject: Re: M-x shell RET on Windows not working
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:27:20 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 16, 7:25 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: coskun <coskun.hasan...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:08:09 -0800 (PST)

> > > does cmd.exe work at a dos prompt?
>
> > > check:
> > > customize-variable shell-dumb-shell-regexp
>
> > >          -- Mike Treseler
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I am using Vista. I don't know how to start in MS-DOS mode, or even if
> > that's possible.
>
> He didn't say "start in MS-DOS mode", he said "at a dos prompt", which
> is an (admittedly misleading) way of asking you to open a "Command
> Prompt" window and see if you can get cmd.exe, the Windows shell, to
> work there.  "Command Prompt" should be somewhere on your
> Start->Programs->Accessories menu.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry. Here is what I see when I open a Command Prompt:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright <c> 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Coskun>

When I run cmd.exe at this prompt, I see this:

C:\Users\Coskun>cmd.exe
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright <c> 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Coskun>

It seems that all commands (latex, yap, etc.) I run here work. I type
exit twice: once to exit cmd and once again to close the Command
Prompt window.

Please let me know if more information would be helpful.

Best,
Coskun